What is Certification?
Certification is recognition of an acquired level of knowledge that involves many aspects of podiatric medicine. We invite you to fill out and mail our certification application. The ASPMA exam is accredited and the only assistant certification recognized by the APMA.
Who is Eligible?
Any podiatric medical assistant who is employed in a podiatry office that is in good standings with the APMA.
ASPMA certification sets the standard for excellence in the profession of podiatric medical assisting. When you become a PMAC (Podiatric Medical Assistant, Certified), you will:
- Increase your prestige and status among your peers.
- Gain satisfaction in the proof of your expertise.
- Enjoy additional competence in your work.
- Upgrade the professionalism of podiatry in your office.
- Enhance your credibility in caring for patients in your doctor’s practice.
How Do You Become Certified?
First become a member of ASPMA. Then register at least 30 days in advance for any scheduled exam by submitting the required registration form and fee to the Qualifying and Examining chairperson. To pass the exam and become a certified podiatric medical assistant you must obtain an overall score of at least 70% and not lower than 60% in any one category. The exam contains seven categories which are.
1.) General Background
4.) Emergency Med & CPR
5.) Medical Jurisprudence
6.) Office policy and procedure
7.) Billing and Coding
4.)Emergency Med & CPR
5.)Clinical Testing & Procedures
Two ways to take the exam.
1. Online certification, you have 30 days to complete ALL 7 SECTIONS of the exam from the start date of the first exam.
2. Written form with a review course at several conference locations. Check our calendar for dates, don’t see your state conference listed ask your state to invite us to give a review course and exam.
Additional study material for Administration certification available on Amazon, new or used: Saunders Medical Office Management By Alice Anne Andress 3rd Edition.
MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: ASPMA Qualifying and Examining
NEW HAMPSHIRE assistants click the link for more information.
PENNSYLVANIA CERTIFICATION: Click the link for more information.
GETTING CERTIFIED IN INDIANA???