What is Certification?
Certification is recognition of an acquired level of knowledge that involves many aspects of podiatric medicine. We invite you to fill out and mail our certification application. The ASPMA exam is accredited and the only assistant certification recognized by the APMA.
Who is Eligible?
A Podiatric medical assistant employed in a podiatry office that HAS a DPM in good standings with the APMA.
ASPMA certification sets the standard for excellence in the profession of podiatric medical assisting. When you become a PMAC (Podiatric Medical Assistant, Certified), you will:
- Increase your prestige and status among your peers.
- Gain satisfaction in the proof of your expertise.
- Enjoy additional competence in your work.
- Upgrade the professionalism of podiatry in your office.
- Enhance your credibility in caring for patients in your doctor’s practice.
How Do You Become Certified?
First, become a member of ASPMA. Then register at least 30 days in advance for any scheduled exam by submitting the required registration form and fee to the Qualifying and Examining chairperson.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PURCHASE THE PROPER EXAM, AS THEY ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
ALL EXAMS MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN THE ONE-YEAR (FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE) TIME FRAME. THIS INCLUDES ANY RETAKES. ONCE STARTED YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE EXAM INCLUDING RETAKES. EXAMS ARE TIMED.
PLEASE READ DETAIL ABOUT EACH EXAM ON THE CERTIFICATION SITE. THE RED BUTTON IS TO THE RIGHT. WE OFFER Three EXAM OPTIONS: Prices subject to change! Past form prices WILL NOT be accepted or honored. The current prices are listed below! All exam registrations come with a study guide.
All CERTIFICATION’S EXAMS AND MATERIALS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Administrative (currently getting updated)
- Clinical $400
- Radiology $400
Two ways to take the exam.
1. Online certification, you have 30 days to complete ALL SECTIONS of the exam from the start date of the first exam.
2. Written form with a review course at several conference locations. Check our calendar for dates, don’t see your state conference listed ask your state to invite us to give a review course and exam.