What is Certification?
Certification is recognition of an acquired level of knowledge that involves many aspects of podiatric medicine. We invite you to fill out and mail our certification application. The ASPMA exam is accredited and the only assistant certification recognized by the APMA.
Who is Eligible?
Any podiatric medical assistant who is a member in good standing of the American Society of Podiatric Medical Assistants for a minimum of 90 days and has been employed in a podiatry office.
Please note that if you take the exam within the 90 day waiting period, your exam will NOT be processed and will have to retake the entire exam after the 90 day waiting period has expired.
ASPMA certification sets the standard for excellence in the profession of podiatric medical assisting. When you become a PMAC (Podiatric Medical Assistant, Certified), you will:
- Increase your prestige and status among your peers.
- Gain satisfaction in the proof of your expertise.
- Enjoy additional competence in your work.
- Upgrade the professionalism of podiatry in your office.
- Enhance your credibility in caring for patients in your doctor’s practice.
How Do You Become Certified?
First become a member of ASPMA. Then register at least 30 days in advance for any scheduled exam by submitting the required registration form and fee to the Qualifying and Examining chairperson. To pass the exam and become a certified podiatric medical assistant you must obtain an overall score of at least 70% and not lower than 60% in any one category. The exam contains seven categories.
Two ways to take the exam.
1. Online certification, you have 30 days to complete ALL 7 SECTIONS of the exam from the start date of the first exam.
2. Written form with a review course at several conferance locations. Check our calendar for dates, don’t see your state conferance listed ask your state to invite us to give review course and exam.
Additional study material for Administration certification available on Amazon, new or used: Saunders Medical Office Management By Alice Anne Andress 3rd Edition.
For More Questions please email email@example.com or call 888-882-7762.
MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: ASPMA Qualifying and Examining
GETTING CERTIFIED IN INDIANA???
THE INDIANA PODIATRIC X-RAY EXAM IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY EITHER THE ASPMA OR APMA.
If you are taking the ASPMA Certification Course in order to receive your Proficiency Certification for Limited Radiographer you must follow the steps in the correct order to avoid any delays in receiving your certification.
X-Ray certification Indiana click here for steps to receive certification directly from INDIANA.
Call the ASPMA at 888-882-7762 with any questions.